Unlawful vehicle modifications Chesterfield – Virginia
Whether you are presently living in the city of Chesterfield – Virginia, or you are planning to move to this state, you must be informed of all the rules and regulations on the modifications you are allowed to make on your motor vehicle. Below is a list of information to help you ensure that your truck or motor vehicle has modifications that are legalized on the roads and highways of Chesterfield – Virginia.
- Noise and Sounds
Normally, the sound system must not be very loud that others at least 75 ft. away from your motor vehicle are disturbed by it. Furthermore, the volume must not be so high that it is covering up the sound of any such emergency motor vehicles on the roadways.
All motor vehicles need to have mufflers so that excessive or unusual noises are prevented. Any modifications which tend to increase the sounds from the exhaust system will not be permitted in the city of Chesterfield – Virginia.
Any grooves or dents in the chambered pipes will not be permitted in the city of Chesterfield – Virginia.
- Suspension and Frame
The city of Chesterfield – Virginia has placed regulations and rules for bumper height as per the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).
- Less than 4,501 GVWR: the maximum height of the front bumper will be 28 inches, the rear 28 inches
- 4,501-7,500 GVWR – the maximum height of the front bumper will be 29 inches, the rear 30 inches
- 7,501-15,000 GVWR – the maximum height of the front bumper will be 30 inches, the rear 31 inches
Motor vehicles cannot be any taller than 13 ft. 6 inches. Front lift blocks will not be allowed as modifications in the city of Chesterfield – Virginia.
The state of Virginia has made it compulsory for emissions testing all over the cities. In addition, the maximum size a hood scoop can be is 38 inch. wide by 50.5 inches and long by 1.125 inches. Other than that, no other such regulations and rules are listed in the section for engine swaps.
- Windows and Lighting
For modification of Lights
- Two fog lamps are allowable. The front lamps have to be amber or clear, the rear has to be red
- No more than a maximum of four lights can be lighted at one time
- Red and blue lamps are only acceptable for Department of Corrections motor vehicles
- Rotating and flashing lights are not allowable on passenger vehicles
- Lights that such that they turn on together should be emitting the same color of light. The lights can be tail lamps, headlamps, etc.
- All lamps should have SAE or DOT stamp
For modification of Window Tinting
- Only non-reflective tint is allowable on the windshield above the AS-1 line from the manufacturer.
- The front side window tint should be such that more than 50% of light is able to pass through.
- Backside and rear window tint must be such that more than 35% of light is able to pass through.